Monday, May 14, 2007

May 5 & 8

~~~ Where do I begin?! ~~~ 5/5: I went back in to meet with my Primary Care Provider (PCP), Dr. Laura Martin so she could discuss all the test results (blood, x-rays, CTs). When she got to the MRI results she explained that 'this' is not confirmed, but the findings on the MRI are most likely related to demyelenation and multiple sclerosis. *gulp* She proceeded to explain that she would like to refer me to a neurologist for further testing.

During the visit, I told her that my legs were not tingling nearly as much that morning or the previous day. She still wrote me a 10 day Rx for oral steroids (Prednisone). Let me just say, these pills taste disgusting, but they did what she hoped they would... I no longer have tingling in my legs or feet. I wonder what would have happened if I would have waited one more day, would the tingling have gone away on its own? Then again, I just followed dr's orders.

5/8: I had my appointment with the Pain Management doctor, Dr. Shaeffer, who adminisered the EMG/nerve conduction study to rule out any problems I may have with my lower extremities/nerves. This involved two tests: 1) little electrical shock stimulation's to see how far the impulse goes and where it stops, and 2) acupuncture needles in leg muscles. You know how much I LOVE needles :) Neither of the two tests were as bad as I thought they were going to be, so that was good. I did notice the left leg was more sensitive to the acupuncture needles than the right, but all in all it went alright.

The results for the EMG was fine, just another thing to rule out a possibility or what ever.. if you can follow that :) Maybe this whole issue is some sick thought to try and get me over this needle phobia I have.. yeah, I don't think that is it either :)

No comments: