Monday, May 14, 2007

April 2007 - what is going on with the tingling sensation?

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I have turned into a human guinea pig, as far as going to the doctor to find out what is going on with my body.

About the early of last month, April, my right foot and leg started to have this tingling sensation. Then my left foot and leg started to do it. It was more annoying than anything, and not to mention abnormal. I don't know exactly how to describe the feeling, maybe when you are outside on a FREEZING day and go into a warm room and your legs are warming up and there is the tingling/numb sensation? I guess that is as close as I can get with describing it. Anyway, this feeling stayed around 24/7 for a week so I found a dr (Laura Martin) and made an appointment for 4/17 to explain the issue.

So, 4/17: I meet Dr. Martin and explained what has been going on. She, of course, askes a lot of questions and explains that she would like to run some tests.. so, I had my blood drawn. Believe it or not, I haven't ever had this done. Needles and Danielle are like oil and water-they just do not mix. I have to say, I did fine, especially since I went alone to the appointment knowing I would probably have to have blood drawn. The lab results on the blood were normal. Oh, I almost forgot.. that same day I also had back & spine x-rays. Those results also came back normal.

Moving along to 4/20: I went back for CT scans on my brain and spine. That machine was pretty neat. I asked the tech if he had ever seen Stargate with the time traveler thing.. he hadn't but that was what it reminded me of, except for the fact that I was laying down instead of walking through the ring like they did on Stargate. Anyway.. Dr. Martin called me to say there was a 'shadow' on my brain CT, and that they would like to do an MRI. I guess that means more testing?!

4/30: Had the brain and C-Spine MRI. That machine wasn't as cool as the CT scanner.. and much noiser.

No comments: