Friday, June 10, 2016

Update: Oral medication arriving early next week!

There was a minor setback in getting things ready with switching medication from the inject-able to the oral, BUT delivery is finally setup and the switch to an oral medication is really happening!

Next Tuesday (6/14), a FedEx truck will be making very important delivery to our home... yup, it's my new oral MS medicine, Tecfidera. I no longer need to wait in line at the pharmacy, every month, to get my MS medicine. Tecfidera will be a mail-order medicine shipped from Kaiser's Specialty Drug Pharmacy located in Daly City, CA.

For the first 7-days I will be taking the lower dose (120-mg) orally, twice a day. Then, if I am tolerating the lower dose I will take the regular dose (240-mg) orally, also twice a day. I will continue my followup with my neurologist on blood work and yearly MRIs to make sure everything is staying as it should be.

No comments: