Thursday, June 7, 2007

I have made it so far

Well, it is hard for me to believe, but it has been a week today that I have been on my medication. It is going rather well, which is great.

I have found out what injection site areas I prefer, but I cannot use just one. There are 7 possible injection areas on the body to pick from each day: lower stomach area (abdomen - 2" from the naval), thighs, hips and arms. It is important not to inject in the same area more than once a week to help reduce any risks of injection site reactions, which can include swelling, pain itching and lumps.

I found two things out yesterday about my prescription:

  1. Specialty pharmacy mix up - PharmaCare, the specialty pharmacy where I got my first supply of COPAXONE from is not the correct company that I should have been set up with. Isn't that just wonderful information. Someone messed up somewhere. It is too bad that I will no longer be using PharmaCare-they were always real nice and helpful when I called in. Hopefully the new company, CuraScript (Express Scripts' specialty pharmacy), will be just as easy to work with. All in all, I am now starting over with getting the prescription issue back in working order.
  2. Copay - I had thought I would be able to get COPAXONEfor a 90-day supply. This would be very nice and much cheaper because it would only cost me $25 copay every 3 months. Yep, that was too good to be true for this prescription as I can only receive a 30-day supply per month per $25 copay. Something to plan in the budget :)

Well, that is all for now. I am not due back to see Dr. Aziz (my neurologist) until 6/20. It is such a nice relief to have a break from all of the frequent doctor visits.

No comments: